Zefeng Li's home page
Note: This website is no longer updated. Please visit my new homepage instead.
California Institute of Technology
1200 E. California Blvd., MC 252-21|
So. Mudd Building, Rm 257
Pasadena, CA 91125
Phone: (626) 395-3074 |
Fax: (626) 564-0715
E-mail: zefengli AT caltech DOT edu
- General: Large-N/DAS seismology, Machine learning seismology
- Source: Earthquake detection, Earthquake early warning
- Structure: Fault zone structure imaging, Seismic anisotropy
- Ph.D. in Geophysics, 2012-2017, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA.
- B.Sc. in Geophysics, 2008-2012, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China.
- Sep 2017 - current: Postdoctoral Scholar, Seismological Laboratory at Caltech, Pasadena, CA.
- Aug 2012 - Aug 2017: Research/Teaching Assistant, Georiga Tech, Atlanta, GA.
- May 2015 - Aug 2015: Software Intern, Schlumberger, Houston, TX.
- Matlab package of an automatic phase picker for local earthquakes: PSIRpicker and Tutorial.
- Shear-wave splitting measurements of local earthquakes (1995-2014) in southern California: SWS Database.
- Python package of high-resolution microseismic detection (local similarity based) for Large-N arrays. Available upon request.
- Li, Z., and Z. Zhan, Pushing the limit of earthquake detection with distributed acoustic sensing and template matching: A case study at the Brady Geothermal Field, Geophys. J. Int., in review.
- Li, C., Z. Li, Z. Peng, C. Zhang, N. Nakata, and T. Sickbert, Long-duration events detected by the IRIS community wavefield demonstration experiment in Oklahoma: Tremor or train signals, Seismo. Res. Lett., in review.
- Li, Z., M.-A. Meier, E. Hauksson, Z. Zhan, and J. Andrews (2018), Machine learning seismic wave discrimination: Application to earthquake early warning, Geophys. Res. Lett., accepted.
- Li, Z., Z. Peng, D. Hollis, L. Zhu, J. McClellan (2018), High-resolution seismic event detection using local similarity for Large-N arrays, Sci. Rep., 8(1), 1646. doi:10.1038/s41598-018-19728-w. [PDF]
- Li, Z., and Z. Peng (2017), Stress- and structure-induced anisotropy in Southern California from two-decades of shear-wave splitting measurements, Geophys. Res. Lett., 44, 9607-9614. doi: 10.1002/2017GL075163. [PDF]
- Li, Z., and Z. Peng (2016), An automatic phase picker for local earthquakes with predetermined locations: Combining a signal-to-noise ratio detector with 1D velocity model inversion, Seismol. Res. Lett., 87(6), 1397-1405, doi: 10.1785/0220160027. [PDF]
- Li, Z., and Z. Peng (2016), Automatic identification of fault zone head waves and direct P waves and its application in the Parkfield section of the San Andreas Fault, California, Geophys. J. Int., 250, 1326-1341, doi: 10.1093/gji/ggw082. [PDF]
- Li, Z., Z. Peng, Y. Ben-Zion, and F. Vernon (2015), Spatial variations of shear-wave anisotropy near the San Jacinto Fault Zone in southern California, J. Geophys. Res. Solid Earth, 120, 8334-8347, doi: 10.1002/2015JB012483. [PDF]
- Yang, W., Z. Peng, B. Wang, Z. Li, and S. Yuan (2015), Velocity contrast along the rupture zone of the 2010 Mw6.9 Yushu, China earthquake from systematic analysis of fault zone head waves, Earth Planet. Sci. Lett., 416, 91-97, doi: 10.1016/j.epsl.2015.01.043. [PDF]
- Yang, H., Z. Li, Z. Peng, Y. Ben-Zion, and F. Vernon (2014), Low velocity zones along the San Jacinto Fault, Southern California, from body waves recorded in dense linear arrays, J. Geophys. Res. Solid Earth, 119, 8976-8990, doi: 10.1002/2014JB011548. [PDF]
- Li, Z., H. Zhang, and Z. Peng (2014), Structure-controlled seismic anisotropy along the Karadere-Duzce branch of the north Anatolian fault revealed by shear-wave splitting tomography, Earth Planet. Sci. Lett., 391, 319-326, doi: 10.1016/j.epsl.2014.01.046. [PDF]
- Zhu, L., Y. Zhao, W. Li, E. Liu, J. H. McClellan, Z. Li, and Z. Peng (2017), Estimation of passive microseismic event location using random sampling based curve fitting, SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts 2017, pp. 2791-2796, doi: 10.1190/segam2017-17730445.1. [PDF]
- Li, Z., Z. Peng, L. Zhu, and J. H. McClellan (2017), High-resolution microseismic detection and location using Large-N arrays, 2017 Workshop: Microseismic Technologies and Applications, Hefei, China, 4-6 June 2017: pp. 59-63, doi: 10.1190/Microseismic2017-015. [PDF]
- Li, Z., Z. Peng, X. Meng, A. Inbal, Y. Xie, D. Hollis, and J. Ampuero (2015), Matched filter detection of microseismicity in Long Beach with a 5200-station Dense Array, SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts 2015, pp. 2615-2619, doi: 10.1190/segam2015-5924260.1. [PDF]
Last updated by Zefeng Li at Caltech,
Fri Oct 6 14:37:00 EDT 2017