We have downloaded the data from the UNAVCO/WInSAR Consortium archive
for a pair of repeat orbit images surrounding the October 16, 1999 Hector Mine Earthquake in Southern California.
The below information on downloading data is for reference only, and presumably no longer works.
- The satellite inforamtion of interest for this event is:
track = 127
frame = 2907
sat = E2 #(ERS2)
orbit = 23027 # or 23528
- Track numbers correspond to number of the "along-track" path that the satellite is traveling (for ERS satellites this varies mostly from East-West).
- Frame numbers correspond to individual slices "along-track" and vary from N-S for descending and S-N for ascending orbits.
- For repeat passes the Track and Frame numbers remain constant for the same satellite, while the orbit number will continue to increase.
% mkdir -p ~/MGM/HectorMine/990915 # The YY MM DD of scene
% mkdir -p ~/MGM/HectorMine/991020
- Because the password is protected, we will supply you with the already downloaded data.
Please do not ask me for the password! I cannot give it to you.
- For class, we will create links for the zip directories, since they are ~170M each.
% cd ~/MGM/HectorMine/990915
% ln -s ~anewman/MGM/HectorMine/ZIP/ERS2_127_2907_23027.zip
% cd ../991020
% ln -s ~anewman/MGM/HectorMine/ZIP/ERS2_127_2907_23528.zip